Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So I made chocolate pudding last night out of avocados. Amazingly enough it was perty darn tasty. It had the consistency of chocolate pudding and it was certainly sweet enough. Since we were using raw cocoa powder, it did have a more "bitter" dark chocolate taste which Cari didn't love but found tolerable. She never was a dark chocolate fan. I think with a little tweaking, it could become a standard for a sweet treat.
Last night I made a zucchini pasta with a nice sundried tomato marinara. It was really delicious! I have been making a crap load of food because one of the pros of this diet is that you can really eat as much as you want. I have been finding myself not eating much though. Like I only had one plate of the pasta and I was completely full. I don't know if it's bloating or all the fiber I'm eating is just making me less hungry but it's going well.
We broke down and bought the dehydrator yesterday. It was on sale for $250 so we decided to just pull the trigger. I would have rather waited to see how committed we are to this new lifestyle, but it's looking pretty good on all fronts. Cari isn't hating it anywhere near as I thought she would and I am enjoying it as well. The dehydrator will allow us to explore more foods in different ways and I think variety is a wonderful thing.
One thing I am not sure whether I should be happy or concerned about is that I have lost 10 lbs in 2 days. I knew weight loss would be dramatic, but this is crazy! I will see in the next two weeks how crazy it gets.
All in all, it's going amazingly well. I am making an attempt at soup tonight. Cari doesn't really like soup, but it will have to be a staple of our diet so here goes my first attempt.

No comments: